Sustainable property development approach
As a major global industrial landowner and developer, Goodman is well aware of the benefits of incorporating sustainable design principals into our new developments. Sustainability is an extension of Goodman’s own + develop + manage customer service offering. Our long-term philosophy includes a sustainable approach to the environment, as well as proper consideration of our social and economic responsibilities to the wider community. Optimising the sustainability potential in new developments through green design initiatives, positions a property well to minimise its environmental impacts and provide long-term benefits to for customers and the local community.
As such, Goodman works closely with our customers during the planning and design phase to optimise the sustainable design elements of the development.
Goodman’s approach to sustainable property development aims to:
- Minimise negative environmental impacts and enhance the local area
- Reduce the energy and water intensity of properties we develop
- Maximise the sustainable use of resources
- Reduce the material intensity of property and business space
- Utilise recycled materials and enhance recyclability
- Extend durability and functionality
Goodman also uses various sustainability rating tools for its properties around the world, and was the platinum sponsor of the Australian Green Star Industrial rating tool launched in 2010.